Last Updated on September 15, 2021 by bharateswarihomes
Bharateswari Homes is a residential higher secondary school for girls. It started its journey as Bharateswari Bidyapith, a pathshala (primary school). The foundation stone of Bharateswari Homes was laid on 2nd January 1938 by Mrs Kiron Bala Shaha, wife of Rai Bahadur Ranada Prasad Shaha the founder of Kumudini Welfare Trust.
BH ran as an English medium school till 1970. In 1972, after the great liberation war the school was converted into Bengali medium as per the wish of our Father of the Nation, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, as it was one of his favourite schools in the country.
Up until 1962 the classes in the school were from Nursery to SSC. In 1962, HSC level was introduced. Presently from class V and onward the school is residential. The primary section is attached to it for day scholars. The school is an enterprise of Kumudini Welfare Trust of Bengal (BD) Ltd.
Bharateswari Homes is situated within Kumudini Complex, Mirzapur, where Kumudini Hospital along with other educational institutions are also located. The complex is approximately 67 km North-West of the capital Dhaka through Tangail bound highway and about 27 km South-East of Tangail District town through Dhaka bound highway.